University of Texas at Dallas
APPLICATION LINK: https://jobs.utdallas.edu/postings/20929
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Emergency Management Coordinator
Emergency Management Coordinator
$55,000 – $60,000
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Desired Start Date
Looking for a rewarding career opportunity with great benefits?
Want to assist in reshaping the future of emergency preparedness in a university environment!
Look no further! Join UT Dallas PD!
Under the guidance of the Emergency Management Director, the Emergency Management Coordinator will support the development and maintenance of the University of Texas at Dallas Office of Emergency Management and Continuity Planning program. The position requires significant contact and coordination with internal faculty, staff, and students as well as external partners at the local, county, state, and federal level.
We need you!
The ideal candidate will have strong project management, communication (written and verbal), emergency management and business continuity planning, training, and exercise design skills. This is a security sensitive position that will require a criminal background check. The position will be required to work during non-business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Training will be provided!
Completion of specific courses: FEMA Professional Development Series, ICS 100, 200, and IS 700 and IS 800. ICS 300 and 400.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum three years of demonstrated recent professional level experience in current emergency management strategies and techniques, policy development and coordination with large organizations with multiple priorities; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and experience in of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) techniques of emergency response and recovery, interactive functions, responsibilities, and goals of local, state, and federal government planning and implementing emergency services, including various mutual aid systems. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to quickly analyze an evolving situation, and adopt a quick and effective course of action. Basic knowledge of computers. Incident Command System (ICS) certification. Must have, keep and maintains the appropriate valid TX Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations.
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree in emergency management, business administration or related field. Five (5) years professional emergency management experience or the equivalent. Proven skills in developing plans and trainings as well as emergency preparedness exercises. Previous experience supervising a volunteer workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive university-wide planning program that include:
- Mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery plans
- Business Continuity Plans
- Emergency Operations Center plans, procedures and position-specific checklists
- Exercise After action reports (AAR) to include lessons learned and recommendations
- Create and conduct presentations for internal and external partners
- Support the SAFE Leader program
- Develop or assist with managing the university wide training and exercise program.
- Serve as Duty Officer when scheduled, which requires 24/7 availability, on a rotational basis.
- During EOC activations, provide management and leadership serving in various roles within the EOC’s structure.
- Assists with response and recovery efforts during and after incidents affecting the university.
- Coordinate with and maintain collaborative interactions with local, county, state and federal partners.
- Attend emergency management meetings with local, regional, state, and federal level agencies.
- Collaborate with or assist team members with priority projects and be willing to take on other duties as assigned.
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community from all backgrounds are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged in their pursuit of excellence.
What You Should Know
UT Dallas is ranked among the “Best of the Best Colleges” for LGBTQ Inclusion by Campus Pride. The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion hosts a variety of programs and leads initiatives toward efforts to cultivate a culture of equity and belonging for all members of the campus community. “LilyPad” lactation facilities are located throughout campus for private use by nursing parents. The University currently supports nine Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that are communities of faculty and staff from various identities along with advocates and allies (e.g., Black Faculty and Staff Alliance, Universal Access ERG, Military and Veteran ERG).
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living and working environment that is welcoming, respectful and inclusive of all members of the university community. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Visit https://institutional-initiatives.utdallas.edu/ for more information.
What We Can Offer
UT Dallas aims to attract and retain talented faculty and staff to support the university’s mission. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement, life insurance and AD&D coverage. UT Dallas also offers employee wellness programs, tuition assistance, professional development through Academic Impressions, and so much more. Visit https://hr.utdallas.edu/employees/benefits/ for more information.
Special Instructions Summary
- All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
- UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample
- Veteran Employment Preference – Form DD-214
University of Texas at Dallas
To apply for this job please visit jobs.utdallas.edu.