State of Missouri
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Emergency Management Coordinator
Jefferson City, MO
Missouri Department of Transportation
Safety and Emergency Management
Scheduled Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
$100,651.92 per year
Note for internal applicants: Successful candidates already at rates above the posted salary will be evaluated on an individual basis to determine final salary outcome.
Job Location: Central Office, 830 MoDOT Drive, Jefferson City, MO
Why you’ll love this position:
The emergency management coordinator oversees the department’s emergency management program, traffic incident management training, internal security program, and manages the emergency communications and radio systems. Duties are performed under general supervision.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinates activities related to the department’s emergency preparedness, prevention, mitigation, response and recovery planning.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with federal, state, and local emergency management officials, response agencies, non-profit organizations, and private partners.
- Performs and organizes training sessions related to emergency management and traffic incident management programs.
- Coordinates resource and equipment typing and needs for internal and external emergency response activities.
- Performs damage assessments following disasters to determine eligibility for FHWA Emergency Relief and FEMA Public Assistance funding.
All you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Emergency Management, Fire Science, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Safety Management, or related.
- Eight years of experience in emergency management, fire prevention, law enforcement, communications systems, or related.
Special Working Conditions:
- Waiver of minimum requirements may be allowed.
- One day of telework may be allowed after successful completion of initial probationary period. Full-time telework is not available.
- Job requires occasional, statewide, overnight travel.
More reasons to love this position:
MoDOT offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Visit our CAREERS page to explore all we have to offer. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for MoDOT, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found HERE.
At MoDOT you will play a key role in maintaining the seventh largest highway system in the United States. We value team players who are open-minded and work well with others to accomplish goals and fulfill our mission of safety, service, and stability. We see the growth of our team members as an investment, both in MoDOT’s future and yours. If you’re looking for diverse opportunities, challenging work, and a flexible environment, we want to talk to you about joining our winning team. MoDOT operates on shared values and your success in our organization depends upon modeling these values. CLICK HERE to view our mission, values, and tangible results. If you embrace these values, we welcome your application.
If you have questions about this position, please contact:
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
State of Missouri
To apply for this job please visit hiretrue-prod.com.