FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Emergency Management Coordinator
Job Requisition ID
Depending on the volume of applications, this position may close to external applicants before the job posting end date expires.
We’re committed to being the clean energy leader in Louisiana. By investing in renewables like solar and utilizing carbon capture and sequestration technology to make our air cleaner, we’re in this for the long haul, because our state and future generations depend on it. Come be a part of our journey and Power Up Your Career at Cleco.
The Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for the design, development, coordination, implementation and maintenance of Cleco’s Emergency Service Plans (ESP) for various emergency response situations ensuring compliance with the Louisiana Public Service Commission. This individual, working with subject matter experts and asset owners, maintains Cleco’s emergency response programs to ensure the safety and security of our personnel, customers, the public, and the environment in which we operate. The individual will run Emergency Response as a true program, which requires elements of strategy, tactical planning, operational effectiveness and continual improvement.
This includes preparing disaster preparedness training for natural (e.g., hurricanes, floods, earthquakes), or technological (e.g., hazardous materials spills) disasters or hostage situations. This individual will serve as the point of contact and coordination across the company for emergency activities and information.
Works with data owners, third party vendors, and Internal Audit to define Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) policies and procedures for the Distribution LOB.
(During emergency event):
- This individual will serve as an advisor to the Company Incident Commander – coordinating, assigning, and monitoring tasks performed as part of Cleco’s Emergency Service plan. Provides Cleco’s Incident Commander with advice and guidance as needed during response.
(Outside of an emergency event):
- Maintain and update the following emergency response plans:
- Emergency Service Plan (ESP)
- Business Continuity Plans
- Pandemic Plan
- Provides communication, education training and/ or materials that enhance public safety, civic and emergency agencies/organizations, and contractors.
- Manages emergency response assets for the Cleco organization.
- Prepare and maintain Cleco’s emergency service plan (ESP) to meet LPSC requirements.
- Define roles and responsibilities necessary for all levels of emergency response.
- Identify and document decision-making for program developments and improvements.
- Maintain and update all resource materials associated with emergency Service plans.
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergencies.
- Collects information from post event critiques and ensures action items are completed and enforced. Solicits feedback regarding emergency response time, quality, etc. Incorporates feedback into process and program improvement recommendations presented to Cleco leadership.
- Study emergency plans used elsewhere in order to gather information for plan development.
- Manage the Cleco Response Organization personnel rosters (Storm teams and Incident Management Team).
- Coordinate all emergency plan activities, including training and emergency preparedness drills ensuring an adequate level of preparedness across all staff in their assigned emergency roles.
- Develop position specific ESP training matrices.
- Identify ESP training needs and learning outcomes for course offerings.
- Provide expected learning objectives and outcomes to training vendors/internal.
- Solicit feedback from training participants, supervisors, and managers.
- Recommend improvements and monitor training quality.
- Develop, Conduct and document the annual Emergency Service Plan drill mandated by the Louisiana Public Service Commission
- Serve in the absence of the Incident Commander during normal working hours for all aspects of emergency operations and is responsible for keeping the Incident Commander advised regarding important developments in the company’s emergency programs.
- Ensures Cleco vendors and partners are included in planning and preparedness activities such as deployment, advanced protocols and procedures for temporary locations.
- Maintain contracts with staging area owner, weather forecaster, fuel vendor, generator vendor, and other vendors and contractors that will be used during emergency events.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management in order to learn new information and to develop working relationships with other emergency management specialists.
- Prepare pre/post event reporting as determined by Management, regulatory bodies and/or other industry organizations
- Assist in coordination of micro-initiatives within the Distribution Operations organization as time permits
Works with internal teams to ensure current Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) procedures for the Distribution LOB
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- 3-5 + years of related experience in a field related to emergency response or planning
- Experience in training, public speaking, and strong communication skills
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS) and experience in applying ICS through the development and execution of Incident Action Plans
Salary dependent on experience, skills, education, and training.
To apply for this job please visit cleco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.