Aspen Valley Hospital
APPLICATION LINK: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/aspen/?source=Indeed.com#/job/2156?source=Indeed
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Emergency Management Coordinator
Aspen Valley Hospital · Ambulance
Req # 2594
Salary Range : $27.93 – $44.70
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds — the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
AVH requires the initial set of COVID-19 vaccinations for all staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America’s top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much more. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which can be viewed here.
Pay range for new hires: $27.93 – $44.70 /hr
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
The Emergency Management Coordinator will lead and manage all emergency management planning, education, and training activities for Aspen Valley Hospital in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director. This includes: planning, implementing and evaluating disaster drills; mentoring others in ICS; preparing and maintaining resources for emergency management; participating in Pitkin County Incident Management Team when requested; attending Pitkin County Public Safety Council and ESF8 meetings as needed; developing and maintaining an emergency management budget; and grant writing as needed. Assists in Aspen Ambulance and/or AVH staffing when needs arise. The EM Coordinator also provides scheduled coverage as a level I or II Paramedic.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Complete an annual risk assessment for AVH related to emergency management.
- Review the Emergency Operations Plan and all emergency management policies annually and revise as needed. This includes being in compliance with all Joint Commission standards and maintaining evidence of compliance.
- Provide emergency management education and training to AVH staff, including off-site locations.
- Develop and execute disaster drills including communication to staff to test emergency management systems as required by the State.
- Submit required documentation of program activities and expenses to appropriate organizations for grant funding.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the emergency management planning activities and operations plan to identify areas for program improvement.
- Develop and implement emergency management strategic plan with AVH Emergency Preparedness Committee; develop goals and objectives based on strategic plan.
- Develop and manage the emergency management budget in collaboration with the Aspen Ambulance Director
- Participate in Pitkin County Incident Management Team when requested.
- Attend Public Safety Council and ESF8 meetings as needed.
- Represent AVH in other emergency management activities at the local, state and national levels.
- Assist in Aspen Ambulance and/or AVH staffing when needs arise.
- BS in healthcare related field preferred
- Paramedic or RN preferred
- Minimum 2 years or more of recent Emergency Management experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current Colorado license for field
- Certification in ICS100, ICS200, ICS300 and NIMS700 and NIMS800 within one year.
Aspen Valley Hospital
To apply for this job please visit pm.healthcaresource.com.