FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Position Type Full Time
Req ID: 2022-858372
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years verifiable experience
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Driving Positions: must possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by
- Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
Emergency Management Coordinator
- Review and analyze Emergency Management, Business Continuity, and emergency plans and procedures and make recommendations for revisions.
- Conduct risk assessments and work with internal/external partners to improve disaster preparedness, crisis response, and business recovery procedures.
- Administer programs and technology to facilitate employee safety and information sharing during a crisis, including mass notification systems.
- Lead preparedness projects focused on improving resilience and hastening business recovery after an incident.
- Champion resilience through development of action plans, availability of equipment and supplies, and readiness of staff and facilities.
- Identify and report on preparedness best practices, initiatives, and regulations which could improve resilience.
- Oversee projects focused on improving resilience and streamlining business continuity.
- Develop professional reports on corrective actions and track preparedness changes over time.
- Collaborate with and support cross functional teams such as security, health and safety, facilities, HR, and emergency response teams.
- Support other duties as directed by the Emergency Manager.
Core Competencies / Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in Emergency Management, Business Continuity, or similar related field
- Strong familiarity with Everbridge Mass Communications platform
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with customers
- Knowledge of emergency management, crisis command, and incident response frameworks.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements to support preparedness
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aus.com.